Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Scrapbooker's Haven

Attention all Scrapbookers!!!!!

I am redoing my office/scrapbook room. I am wanting a paradise but don't have the money to do that! I have to incorporate a home office/business/graduate student/and scrapbooker into one room! How do I accomplish this task for under 800 dollars? Anyone have a clue?
I am using the Crop in Style Cubes and a laminate desk top cut to fit from Lowes! I have a small bedroom that I can use for an office, school, and scrapbooking! I have a large house and am fortunate enough to dedicate a room for all three uses! (still kind of hard). Does anyone have any advice. I have already spent around six hundred dollars on cubes, curtains, accessories, and a rug. I still need to buy one more desk top piece at $8.00! Other than that I have a trash can, curtains, the rug, the cubes, and small accessories. Any advice on other must have pieces? I will have three desks: 2 for computers ( huge Mac computer screens) and a printer and one for scrapbooking. I do have my new cricut and my sizziz. I have more paper than I know what to do with. I also have tons of stampin up stamps... ink pads... not too many sizziz dies, tools, and PAPER PAPER PAPER!!!!! I have 10 verticle storage, one 12x12 crate and a Cropper Hopper tote that has 10 or more slots in the portable storage system that holds paper! Not to mention my bookself that holds my non 12x12 paper! I have a closet full of accessories and a HUGE amoire that stores most of my items... And I must admit to the Three Nesting boxes and three baskets full of items. So, I have bought 12 of the crop in style cubes to make 3 desks. I purchased lots of paper storage... four drawer cubes, three drawers, and the filing cabinets.
Can you think of anything else I may need?

2 comments:

Mimmers49 said...

First off I need to say that I think your room looks great! It is hard to get a room where all the furniture match (like mine) especially if you are buying a piece every couple of years.

I have some cheap storage solutions that you might like!!! I used a $12-19 metal dowel over-the-door shoe rack to store all of my ribbons. I also have been purchasing these $5 storage boxes at Wal-Wart that I store paper, stickers, and embelishments by theme in. You can see all of the pictures on my blog at http://mimmersscrapbooks.blogspot.com/

Are there any items in particular that you are needing to purchase or having trouble storing? But I think your room looks great so far especially since it has multiple purposes!!! It looks like an excellent way for the family to come together and spend some time together, even if they are all working on something different!

Happy Scrapping,

Kimberly in Nevada

Acruud said...

Hi!!
I just started doing a scrap room myself! LOVE IT!!
I tryed Craigslist.org for any scraping stuff that may be for sale... it is kind of like an ebay.com but BETTER!!
I just got 12X12 paper shelves froma store owner for $10.00 and they are orginally $120.00!!

Also try the website kevinandamanda.com she has a scrap room and give GREAT ideas on what to do with all of your stuff! I went off of a lot of her ideas!

Good luck and have fun!!